2015-2016 Region II High School Band/Orchestra/Percussion
Update 10/21/2015--The HS Bass Clarinet solo is the Andante and Allegro by Desportes as listed at http://www.njmea.org/. Please disregard the error which was included in the CJMEA Audition Requirements
Attention teachers and students: A new statement on eligibility was put in place prior to the 2015-16 school year. Please read below to ensure that you as a sponsor or student meet the requirements. Specific questions should be sent to email@example.com for High School Band and Orchestra Auditions ONLY.
1. All sponsoring teachers must be music educators and members of NAfME.
2. Students in a school with a music program must be sponsored by the teacher of that student’s primary ensemble*. If no primary ensemble for that student exists (i.e. no string ensemble for string student auditioning for orchestra), it is up to the discretion of another music teacher in that school to sponsor the student.
3. Students in schools without a music educator may be sponsored by a private music teacher as long as the teacher is a NAfME member and agrees to attend the auditions in their entirety. The status of the school’s music program may be verified by the CJMEA Executive Board. All decisions on eligibility in this category are under the discretion of CJMEA.
4. Students in schools without a music teacher should first seek sponsorship from their hometown school. If the hometown school is unable to sponsor, the students may alternatively seek sponsorship from their private teacher.
5. Sponsorship is defined as: signing the forms, acquiring appropriate signatures, conforming the student's musical ability, the student's standing in the program, and attending the auditions in their entirety.
6. All decisions on eligibility are under the discretion of the CJMEA Executive Board.
*For the purpose of this policy, primary ensemble would mean:
- For a string student auditioning for orchestra, an ensemble that includes strings
- For a student auditioning for band, an ensemble that includes winds or percussion
- For a students auditioning for chorus, an ensemble that includes choral performance
Student Application: https://secure.jotform.us/form/52675911332152
Director Application: https://secure.jotform.us/form/52436971987169
Audition Requirements: http://tinyurl.com/nm77fxv
Student packet: http://tinyurl.com/p8lqpxw
Director packet: http://tinyurl.com/q66avpy
2015-5016 Concerto Competition
SOLO APPROVAL FORM: Student Concerto Competition (The Approval Form must be received by 10/23/2015)
APPLICATION: Student Concerto Competition (The Application Form is due by November 9, 2015)
2015-2016 CJMEA Intermediate Band, Orchestra, and Percussion Ensemble Application and Information: Students – please fill out online application and give your signature form (downloaded at end of application) and payment to your director. All directions are in the Student Information Packet. Directors – once all student information and forms/payment are received, please send that in and also submit the online application. All instructions are in the Director’s Information Packet.
Director’s Online Application - http://tinyurl.com/2016CJMEADirector
Students’ Online Application - http://tinyurl.com/cjmea16instreg
Audition Requirements - Intermediate Band/Orchestra/Percussion Audition Requirements
Student Information Packet - http://tinyurl.com/2016studentinfo
Director Information Packet - http://tinyurl.com/2016director
Please download the appropriate practice track to help you practice for your audition. As with all elements of the audition, it must be memorized. The practice tracks are recorded at 95 bpm and are meant to serve as an aid in understanding the melody. Please consult with your director for appropriate tempo, phrasing, breathing and interpretation. At auditions, only the starting pitch will be given on a C-C pitch pipe as on the recording and then sing a cappella.
The Quintet "Silver Swan" MP3 files are posted below:
2016 Region II Intermediate Chorus
Check back again for Intermediate Chorus audition information